Thursday, July 2, 2020

Speech Theories



There are eight values of self expression. The Individual Self-fulfillment 
theory explains that free speech can help you connect with other individuals. The social media platform, Snapchat, thrives under this idea through the way it is used today with its streaks system. Snapchat streaks are when two individuals send pictures back and forth to each other. Sometimes people send messages and use filters to show what they are currently doing or how they are feeling. Many people end up doing this three to four times a day. I personally think this is the most popular way to connect especially with people who are like-minded. Often people will post something on their Snapchat story, which is a twenty-four hour day platform that they use to express themselves. It strengthens individual self-fulfillment by having fear of stopping the streaks with their friends  Teenagers are likely to feel this way about their streaks and continue them for as long as possible. Snapchat has created a way for people to connect and share similar interests and express themselves, which creates and maintains relationships through connecting. I feel that the negative aspect to the Snapchat streaks are that sometimes people do not share interesting thoughts or information so that they are not making a real connection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Online History

When it comes to my online presence I feel I have accurately presented how I live my life. My social media accounts include LinkedIn, Instag...