Thursday, June 18, 2020

Six Freedoms


        In the article, "Black Lives Matter", the author explains why people disagree with police wearing riot gear and having military weapons during riots. I personally feel for both sides of this argument. The first amendment clause states that American people have the right to assemble peacefully. I do not think the police should have riot gear on because people in our country have the right to join together to protest. It is important for all people to be able to express themselves and show their voices. I also understand the other side argument that police should be able to protect themselves and the neighborhoods where the protests are taking place. As long as riots are peaceful, then police should not have to wear gear. The first amendment clause number five says that you can protest peacefully. So, as long as American's use their right to speak freely, but do so in a peaceful way, then they are following the law. According to the amendment clauses, all citizens have the right to petition the government for redress of grievances. My opinion is that people should be safe protesters and if not police have the right to interfere in order to protect property, law abiding citizens, and peaceful protesters.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Online History

When it comes to my online presence I feel I have accurately presented how I live my life. My social media accounts include LinkedIn, Instag...